Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Meeting Cancellation - one button notation and completion

Posted by Ted Hunter 
Meeting Cancellation - one button notation and completion
November 01, 2017 05:35AM
Due to the recent devastating wind/rain/power outage storm here in Maine, our meeting was cancelled last evening. To keep the file up to date each part was marked as completed with a "Meeting Cancelled: remark (I'm one of a few that did not lose power or web connection).

Could there be a one button perhaps in Congregation that would do that? Allow the reason to be entered if desired. (we miss meetings if winter conditions make travel dangerous) so the notation on each history could read " Meeting Cancelled - winter conditions".

If there is already something in place, please let me know.

Thank you all for allowing this request.

Ted Hunter
North Yarmouth Maine USA
Re: Meeting Cancellation - one button notation and completion
November 01, 2017 02:09PM
This would be relatively rare would it not?

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
November 03, 2017 05:11AM
Simon Winter
This would be relatively rare would it not?

Unfortunately Simon, the weather here is so severe at times, that it may happen a few times a year, especially during our long winters. My suggestion was designed to assist those that may wish a quicker way to record the fact that the meeting was not held and the files have been updated. It can become a bit tedious to update up to 16 names with that information.

It could also allow those to be more quickly available when the next schedule is produced, rather than sink to the bottom of the various category lists.

But thank you for your comment, it was very much appreciated.

Ted Hunter
North Yarmouth Maine USA
November 03, 2017 12:43PM
Hi Ted.

If you go to the Congregation screen >> Special Dates tab you can add the date by clicking the "Other Cancellation" button and entering "snowstorm" as the reason

Does that help?

Robert Hudson
Stoney Creek Congregation, Hamilton Ontario, Canada
Author CLM Explorer
November 04, 2017 04:46AM
Robert Hudson
Hi Ted.

If you go to the Congregation screen >> Special Dates tab you can add the date by clicking the "Other Cancellation" button and entering "snowstorm" as the reason

Does that help?

It does indeed, thank you Rob. Deep down inside, somehow I just knew that you had covered this "unexpected event" (*ftn eventuality) (Ec9:11).

Now to try to remember your direction for any subsequent cancellations. Perhaps a little documentation by us will help

Ted Hunter
North Yarmouth Maine USA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login