Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Antivirus issues

Posted by terrykbrown 
Antivirus issues
November 14, 2017 06:31PM
Hi

I have only been using CLM Explorer for a few months and for the most part it has worked well. Today I went to start it up and the shortcut couldn't find the clmaunch.exe file. Did a thorough search and it wasn't anywhere on my computer. Had a recent backup of my data so decided to reinstall from the setup file that was still in my downloads. Mysteriously that too was missing! downloaded it again and instantly it disappeared. This time though the culprit was clear. NORTON ANTIVIRUS had deleted the files claiming that they were infected with the threat Heur.advML.B.

Has anyone else come across this? Is there an innocent explanation for why Norton thinks this is a severe threat? What should I do?

I know that sometimes you need to disable Antivirus software to install, but this is different. Norton seems determined to protect me from CLME!
Re: Antivirus issues
November 14, 2017 06:44PM
Hi Terry. This has been going on for YEARS. There is nothing much I can do about it. They refuse to fix these false-positive detections.

My recommendation would be to try KHS as a replacement scheduler. Or get rid of Norton.

I'm so sorry.

Robert Hudson
Stoney Creek Congregation, Hamilton Ontario, Canada
Author CLM Explorer
November 30, 2017 02:09AM
Windows 10 Defender deletes the download also, reports Trojan:Win32/Fuerboos.B!cl :-(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 02:12AM by adino.
December 15, 2017 07:24PM
RE: Trojan:Win32/Fuerboos.C!cl

I got this threat alert today for the first time. I have allowed on my device spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login