Welcome! Log In

Advanced

2017 - Significant Changes

Posted by Robert Hudson 
2017 - Significant Changes
October 11, 2016 08:36PM
The 2016 CLM was a brand new experience for all of us. Therefore the first edition of CLME was also a learning exercise.

Here are the major improvements for 2017...

The treeview will be less cluttered now. Past weeks will be archived into a neat folder called 'Past Weeks"

It will no longer be necessary to record the weeks as 'Done' This will be handled automatically.

You will no longer need to click all the checkboxes on the Calendar screen. Histories will be recorded as though the parts were given. You can still Uncheck a checkbox to explicitly record a cancellation. And you can still enter remarks.

The meeting results buttons will no longer disappear. This made it necessary to click Tools >> Rollback. No more.

There is an option in the Congregation screen to Autoroll studies. This means that after an assignment the study will automatically advance to the next point, then back to #1 after exhausting the list, I DO NOT RECOMMEND using this feature, and the default is OFF. But I added it by request. A better option is to use the new +1 button explained next.

There is a new button beside the Studies button labeled [+1]
It's purpose is to simply advance the student to the next study point. After clicking the button, it will become disabled so you don't inadvertently click it again. So if the student did #5 and you click [+1] they will now be on #6. You won't be able to mistakenly advance again to #7, #8, etc

The assignment theme box is wider to handle verbose parts, like the CBS.

Robert Hudson
Stoney Creek Congregation, Hamilton Ontario, Canada
Author CLM Explorer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2016 08:38PM by Robert Hudson.
Re: 2017 - Significant Changes
October 12, 2016 03:51AM
Hi Rob,

There are a few minor changes and clarifications that have just come out in a letter today. It will be on the information board at the K-Hall anyway.

* Bible Reading: The meeting chairman will be especially interested in helping students to read with accuracy, understanding, fluency, proper sense stress, modulation, appropriate pausing, and naturalness.

* All assistants must be either of the same sex or a family member.

* On occasion the BS will be a talk.

* No auxiliary classes in the language of the congregation should be held during the visit of the circuit overseer.

* "(Please note that some of the points of counsel on pages 79-81 of the Ministry School book will not apply to the Bible Reading assignment or to demonstrations.)"

* Aux classroom counselor: The body of elders should decide who may serve in this capacity and whether or not the assignment should rotate.

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
October 12, 2016 05:22AM
Hi Simon. Thanks. These are all good reminders.

CLME implements all but one of these items; the occasional BS given as a discourse. That's new and will need to be adjusted.

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
October 12, 2016 04:17PM

Simon, you misread this new item. The only part that can have a family member of the opposite sex is the Initial call.

The Return visit and the Bible study have to be members of the same sex.

Initial Call: 2 minutes or less. This student presentation may be assigned to a brother or a sister. The assistant should be of the same sex or should be a family member. The student should choose a greeting appropriate for the area.

Return Visit: 4 minutes or less. This student presentation may be assigned to a brother or a sister. The assistant should not be someone of the opposite sex.

Bible Study: 6 minutes or less. This student presentation may be assigned to a brother or a sister. The assistant should not be someone of the opposite sex

Darrell Vandergrifft
CLMO
Palmaire Congregation
Glendale, Arizona
October 15, 2016 03:39AM
Hi Darrell,

I was abbreviating however I see that it could have led to confusion and I apologize.

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
October 21, 2016 04:10PM
Hi there

When I put in a sister for the initial call and look for her husband/son/father for assistant, despite the box marked for assistant choices brothers and sisters, only sisters show. When I choose Brothers only then it shows her family members. Is this correct? Will I have to manually change the choice box each time?

thanks
Phillip Guy
October 21, 2016 07:09PM
Hi Phillip. In the current program version this appears to be functioning correctly.

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
October 25, 2016 12:00AM
Hi Robert

Will this change in 2017? As I have just been testing the choosing an assistant of the opposite sex for the Initial Call for the January schedule?
thanks - Phillip
November 09, 2016 09:38AM
Darrell Vandergrifft

Simon, you misread this new item. The only part that can have a family member of the opposite sex is the Initial call.

Bible Study: 6 minutes or less. This student presentation may be assigned to a brother or a sister. The assistant should not be someone of the opposite sex

Darrell, this has been contravened for the week of February 13. The instruction reads:
"If available, have a father study with his minor son or daughter." - italics mine.

So, Simon's original post turned out to be correct. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
November 25, 2016 05:31AM
Hello Robert,
Well done for the new program updates. Please I would like to ask if the Twi language part would be updated or .....
I tried to re-install as directed in the General support section but I later realised that the English is updated of course up to February 2017 program but the Twi Language is up to November 2016. Please am I right ?

Thank You
Felix K. sakyi
Vicenza Twi Cong. Italy
December 12, 2016 07:57PM
Good evening Robert, I noticed that the 2017 program won't save changes when making the schedule. Any suggestions?

Walt Dubik
Hamilton, Ont.
December 13, 2016 06:14AM
Hi Walt. Are you sure you have the 2017 edition installed ok? (Help >> About)

Reinstall from the website Download button. Thanks!
Rob

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
February 09, 2017 10:14PM
Hi Robert,
Our body of elders have agreed to have a midweek meeting on the week of the Memorial.
Although I can see allowance for the meeting on the month's schedule, I cannot assign students for the week of 10/04/17.
Is there an override feature I can use?
Regards,
John Campbell
Dandenong Congregation
Melbourne, Australia
February 09, 2017 10:28PM
Hi John.

What's stopping you? Go to the Congregation screen >> Special Dates.

If you have marked this as a special week, remove it.

Thanks

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
March 03, 2017 06:07PM
Hello Robert,
In the chairman's outline for the week of 2/27 the opening song was 145. in the outline it said to play the song through once before singing, this was not indicated in the Clamm workbook. could this be a throw back to the time when we played the new songs? thanks
March 03, 2017 06:34PM
Oh! That's why the chairman did that this week! Now I understand. The same thing occurred recently during another meeting too. Yes, that note should be removed from those songs shouldn't they.

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
March 03, 2017 07:28PM
There's a switch in the Schedule file that turns on this notation

For instance, for the week of Jan. 16
SongReminder3=True

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
March 04, 2017 02:00AM
The way I see it is that the MWB will indicate whether to play through first or not. During 2016 this was the case (Eg. MWB Sept 26, 2016).

Now that we are familiar with all the new tunes / songs it appears that we will no longer be getting this notification? Therefore we no longer need this mention on our chairman's outline? So this feature in the Schedule file is now redundant / will always be set to 'False'?

I guess time will tell but all the MWB's up till June 4th omit it and the 'new' songs appear 8 times.(Breakdown as follows)

Former: 136 - Now 22 - Appears 0
Former: 137 - Now 73 - Appears 1
Former: 138 - Now 02 - Appears 1
Former: 139 - Now 79 - Appears 1
Former: 140 - Now 81 - Appears 0
Former: 141 - Now 58 - Appears 0
Former: 142 - Now 57 - Appears 1
Former: 143 - Now 77 - Appears 1
Former: 144 - Now 60 - Appears 0
Former: 145 - Now 53 - Appears 0
Former: 146 - Now 26 - Appears 0
Former: 147 - Now 25 - Appears 0
Former: 148 - Now 20 - Appears 1
Former: 149 - Now 18 - Appears 0
Former: 150 - Now 84 - Appears 1
Former: 151 - Now 27 - Appears 1

Kind regards

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
March 04, 2017 06:50AM
Simon thanks for the summary!

Are there errors in the 2017 schedule files?? I didn't quite understand the above business about Song 145 on 2/27

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
March 04, 2017 02:17PM
In a word, yes.

This one is from January 16th 2017 - song three:

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
May 21, 2017 08:46AM
Good morning. We ran in to this situation this past week (May 15) where the opening song 150 had a notation to play the song once through on the chairman outline. Is there a way to correct this?
Please let me know

Thanks
Alex Rocchetti
Aurora ON
May 21, 2017 11:17AM
Hi Alex. Hmm, there must be an error in your schedule file.

The offending line would be "SongReminder1=True" under the section [170515] of Schedule_1705_English.ini

Sorry!!

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
May 21, 2017 11:21AM
Ok. Is there a way to correct this? I've updated to the latest version.... thanks for your help
May 22, 2017 01:28AM
Hi Rob,

It appears to be associated with the song number not the True / False thing... is that possible? For example, here is the generated sheet:

...and yet here is the .ini:

Now if I change the song number to 150 for all three songs for that week:

Here is what happens:

I also tried it with song 151 and got the same results: (Again, sections removed for sizing purposes...)

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
May 22, 2017 09:37AM
Ok, I see the problem. Thanks Simon.

Try Updates.

Sorry!!

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
May 24, 2017 04:25AM
Hi Rob,

This appears to be resolved now.

Well done and thank you! cool smiley

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
May 24, 2017 04:41AM
Yes, I updated too and it seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks again for your hard work brother Hudson

Alex R
Aurora ON
May 24, 2017 06:13AM
You're welcome!! hot smiley

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
October 24, 2017 09:43PM
Brother Hudson,

First of all, thank you so much for the program. Secondly, I have done the live updates for January 2018 but I am not seeing the new changes reflected in the schedule (although my COBE seems to have it right on his end). I'm sure I missed some set of instructions in bold type all caps. smiling smiley Please advise. Thank you.
October 24, 2017 11:32PM
Hi Brian, you're welcome!

Reinstall from the website Download button.

Thanks

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login