Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Designate chairman for the auxiliary classes

Posted by adrielmoro 
Designate chairman for the auxiliary classes
January 01, 2016 08:24PM
Besides informing the chairman for the main class, I suggest a field where you can inform the chairman for the other classes. This way we can manage properly the allocation of the brothers. Also, it could appear in the "Work Sheets" the same way it occurs with the main class.
Re: Designate chairman for the auxiliary classes
January 02, 2016 09:56AM
Hi Adriel. This has been discussed before.

Is this appropriate? In the past the aux. counselor was a fixed appointment and didn't rotate often. Has this changed for the new CLM??

Robert Hudson
Stoney Creek Congregation, Hamilton Ontario, Canada
Author CLM Explorer
January 07, 2016 11:17AM
Rotating the auxillary counselor each weeks is a great idea, so brothers gain experience, but I can also see possible issues that might arise.

However, at this time, the instructions state, "If there are a number of elders in the congregation who are capable speakers and teachers, then a different qualified elder may serve as the auxiliary counselor each year."
January 07, 2016 12:32PM
Thanks Josh, I missed seeing that before.

This is quite clear, the aux. counselor is not meant to be frequently rotated

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
January 07, 2016 02:10PM
Isn't the auxiliary counselor and the auxiliary class chairman two different things? I think this direction "If there are a number of elders in the congregation who are capable speakers and teachers, then a different qualified elder may serve as the auxiliary counselor each year." applies to the auxiliary counselor not the chairman for the auxiliary class

Having said that the instructions for auxiliary classes says:

"Each auxiliary class should have a qualified counselor, preferably
an elder. Where necessary, a well-qualified ministerial servant may fill in. The body of elders should
decide who may serve in this capacity."

Which to me does kind of sound like one person would be assigned...
January 07, 2016 02:12PM
Sorry, you're right about the aux. counselor - this is different from the aux CLASS counselor

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
January 08, 2016 01:01AM
Regarding whether the 'auxiliary class counselor' (not to be confused with the 'auxiliary counselor') is a fixed or a rotation roll:
I expect there may be direction on this point in the future due to it being a bit vague at this time, many brothers are asking about it. grinning smiley

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
January 10, 2016 01:50PM
Dear Brothers!

In our congregation we have decided to let this assignment rotate between the chairmen, so I was also looking for a way to assign the auxiliary class winking smiley

Regards
Tino Cordes, Denmark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2016 01:50PM by Tino Cordes.
January 19, 2016 03:02AM
Having the ability to assign the auxiliary class counsellor each week would be a most helpful addition to the program, especially as we have a new chairman in each class each week.

Regards

Mark Davies

Nottingham UK
January 22, 2016 01:49PM
Yes we have also decided to have two classes so the ability to schedule a 2nd chairman for the auxilary class would help.
February 06, 2016 09:32PM
You asked for it, you got it!

Version 16.3 is ready and it includes the ability to assign the Aux class counselor

Go to the Congregation screen and select the checkbox to activate this feature

On the Calendar screen the picker button will appear next to the B (and C) Aux class Bible Reading

The Aux Class Counselor's name will appear on:
-the schedules
-chairman outlines
-on his personalized Worksheet
-assignment slips, if desired - (I don't think many of you are printing slips for the servant parts, we don't either)

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
February 06, 2016 11:45PM
Thank you Brother Hudson. Your kindness and consideration of our requests is really appreciated. smiling smiley

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
February 07, 2016 06:33AM
You're welcome Simon!

But......does it work?? (I'm hiding under the desk) confused smiley

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
February 07, 2016 10:09AM
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the update to the program, it works fine for me, it's a lovely practical addition.

Mark Davies
Nottingham UK
February 07, 2016 02:02PM
It was working then when I got up this morning it stopped working... so I reloaded CLME then it worked again.

I went to check worksheets and an error occurred.

[I see from another thread that others are experiencing this same issue]
sad smiley

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2016 02:10PM by Simon Winter.
February 07, 2016 02:14PM
Thanks for the video Simon. Dors reinstalling fix it?

www.tmsware.com/SetupCLME.exe

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
February 07, 2016 02:20PM
Sorry Rob, Just reinstalled using the link provided and the same issue with "TMS Explorer Program File has Stopped Working" remains sad smiley

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
February 07, 2016 02:26PM
It works on my pc. Is there a pattern? Can you determine at precisely what point, or what sequence of steps causes this?

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
February 07, 2016 02:40PM
Hi Rob,
Another exhilarating video. Really enthralling plot-line, fully developed characters and a classic twist at the end. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

HERE

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
February 07, 2016 03:14PM
Thanks Simon, I should have a fix soon....enjoy your breakfast

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
February 07, 2016 03:36PM
Please update and try again, thanks!

And sorry for the trouble.

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
February 07, 2016 05:04PM
Robert
The Aux Class Counselor's name will appear on:
-the schedules
-chairman outlines
-on his personalized Worksheet
-assignment slips, if desired - (I don't think many of you are printing slips for the servant parts, we don't either)

Schedule - Yes. However it reads 'Auxiliary Counselor' when it should be Auxiliary Class Counselor' (Remember we had a discussion on the difference between the two some weeks ago). sad smiley

Chairman Outline: Yes. However it reads 'Auxiliary Counselor' when it should be Auxiliary Class Counselor'. It also has an extra carriage return line in the first column which does not appear to be necessary. Perhaps the bible reading portion could be in the second column along with the students name? grinning smiley

Worksheet: Yes. However the title reads 'Second School Worksheet' when it should read 'Auxiliary Class Worksheet' as we have no more 'school'. confused smiley

Assignment Slips: Yes. However perhaps it should read: 'Aux Class Counselor'. smiling bouncing smiley

Other than that... WELL DONE! grinning smiley

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
February 08, 2016 08:21AM
Simon Winter
Thanks for your feedback Simon!

Schedule - Yes. However it reads 'Auxiliary Counselor' when it should be Auxiliary Class Counselor' (Remember we had a discussion on the difference between the two some weeks ago). sad smiley
You're 100% correct Simon. But "Auxiliary Class Counselor" won't fit. And currently the language files do not include anything appropriate.

Chairman Outline: Yes. However it reads 'Auxiliary Counselor' when it should be Auxiliary Class Counselor'. It also has an extra carriage return line in the first column which does not appear to be necessary. Perhaps the bible reading portion could be in the second column along with the students name? grinning smiley
That's a good idea

Worksheet: Yes. However the title reads 'Second School Worksheet' when it should read 'Auxiliary Class Worksheet' as we have no more 'school'. confused smiley
LOL I can't believe it took till now to spot this. Will fix

Assignment Slips: Yes. However perhaps it should read: 'Aux Class Counselor'. smiling bouncing smiley
Doesn't fit.

Other than that... WELL DONE! grinning smiley
Thanks!

I'll work on some better language strings.

I was hoping the word "class" would be redundant. Technically you're correct "Aux Counselor" means something else, but in the context of the printed sheets I'm hoping "Aux Counselor" is understood to mean counselor for the aux. class.

Real estate is extremely limited on the printouts, insbesondere im ausf├╝hrlichen Sprachen wie Deutsch

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
February 08, 2016 09:32AM
Just an FYI on this... I had a problem when I did the update and was then trying to "commit Results" for a week. The week was scheduled before this feature was enabled (obviously), and it wouldn't let me mark as complete because it said "You must first fill in each talk". Now, everything WAS checked properly (and nothing was in red as it would if I forgot to do one). It did keep bringing me to the 2nd school tab however. It took a bit, but I realized it was because of the 2nd school counselor. I had to "Undo schedule" and then set the Aux Counselor, and then commit schedule, and then enter results. NOW the Aux counselor check-box was there to check, and everything was "happy".

Hopefully this helps someone else!

EDIT: I'm using 16.3.101, just for the record.

Bill Bushong - Salem, MA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2016 09:34AM by Bill Bushong - Salem, MA.
February 08, 2016 09:36AM
Thanks Bill, that's helpful!

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
June 20, 2016 04:06AM
Hi Robert,

Sorry for digging up an old thread - but had a request directly related to this

With the addition of being able to select the Aux Class Counselor, is it possible to update the reminder email? Currently it lists this as Aux Counsellor, but theme and source is the Bible Reading which is a little confusing.

Thanks very much for all your hard work - much appreciated!

Paul.
June 20, 2016 06:16AM
Hi Paul. Sure, no problem!

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
April 15, 2017 12:09PM
Am I missing it, or is there a way to add and view the auxiliary class counselor in the 2017 version?
April 15, 2017 12:11PM
Yes, go to the Congregation screen and select the bottom-right checkbox

Robert Hudson
Author CLM Explorer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login