Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Move to Next Point checkbox

Posted by oliveriom 
Move to Next Point checkbox
May 05, 2016 08:09AM
Since generally the direction is to move students to the next counsel point, in order, would there be a way to move the student to the next point without going in and selecting the next one manually? Perhaps a checkbox that simply states "Move to next point." Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.
Re: Move to Next Point checkbox
May 05, 2016 07:41PM
Trouble is, not all CP's match talk types...

(just my 10c [inflation] cool smiley)

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
May 06, 2016 08:47AM
And from a user-interface perspective, there's no simple way to add a button on the crowded screen to do this

Robert Hudson
Stoney Creek Congregation, Hamilton Ontario, Canada
Author CLM Explorer
July 04, 2016 10:34AM
From my point of view, one of the main attractions of electronic scheduling was to have the Point of Counsel updated electronically. I find that to not be the case. That's very, very disappointing. Ideally (and personally), the program would default to an electronically adjusted Point of Counsel based on the "required" input of the Class Results. It only makes sense that the Results should trigger the sequential adjustment if favorable (or checked to be so) or to remain the same if unfavorable. I strongly urge and implore that this change be made. Thank you for any consideration to this essential component of your program,
July 04, 2016 11:09AM
Hi Joseph. Thanks for your feedback.

It's only 4 mouse clicks to advance the study point.
-burgundy button
-open the pick list
-select the new study
-ok

How do propose simplifying this? Can you do a mockup screenshot in Paint of how your idea would work?

Thanks!

Robert Hudson
Stoney Creek Congregation, Hamilton Ontario, Canada
Author CLM Explorer
August 04, 2016 03:33PM
Though the direction says that normally we move students to the next study number, that is not the only option. The same direction continues with the note copied below. Additionally, many of the study points are heavily geared to a talk instead of a demonstration. I ask each chairman and auxiliary class counselor to tell me which study number they have asked the student to work on next. I would appreciate it if the worksheets did not say "Move to next point?" I changed the GUI_English.ini file to: "NEXT_PT=Next Study #". The problem is that I have to change it again every time the program updates. Could the report format be changed? Or is there a way to make my changes stick?

*** be p. 283 par. 4 Guidelines for School Overseers ***
To help students with specific needs, you may select certain speech qualities for them to work on instead of going through the counsel form in a routine manner
August 10, 2016 04:11AM
Interesting how we interpret things differently sometimes... case in point with the expression: "Move to next point?" - I understood this to mean 'do you want the student to stay on their current point (as in 'work-on' again) or move to next (that is another / other than the current one) point and to add the number of that point... which is why it is a blank area and not just a check box.

I do see why it might be seen as a 'chronological' next point with the designation description, but as we follow the instructions, we overseers know that the point might not be in sequence anyway so it was, to me anyway, a given that when we return the sheet to him, all the LAMMO needed to know was what is the CP # so that he could update the software program. grinning smiley

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login