Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Student /HouseHolder /Class info display

Posted by Greg Kalachian 
Student /HouseHolder /Class info display
May 24, 2016 11:53AM
Dear brothers

Before I was introduced to TMS program, I used to use TSWIN. A helpful feature I remember was, while choosing a Householder, there was the ability to see if the student worked with the corresponding person before.
Or while assigning a part it was easy to see at the same time, where the student gave the talk, i,e 1st or 2nd class, designated by 1 or 2 beside the talk so as to make balanced assignments.

If a same type selection was made as the last time, a warning message said something like (can't remember) "householder worked before", "do you want to assign anyway" "YES" or "NO" options.

in the CLMexplorer (BTW, I love the programm) I have a select button for the assigments, which opens a window with student names, talk dates, ok to use, etc... I thought it would be helpful to see the infos, I mentioned earlier, in the student's rows,

presently, I choose a student, and after assingning the part, I click on the name/link and I choose the tabs to view if my selection is ok. if not I have to redo the same operation again ( it's not a complain grinning smiley )

For some reason The name/links do not work sometimes!

Thank again for the nice work

Gregory
St. Laurent Cong.
Montreal
Re: Student /HouseHolder /Class info display
May 25, 2016 06:54AM
my wish also!
May 25, 2016 11:47AM
Sorry Greg. Thanks for the kind words but this is too complex at this time for me to look into.

Sorry.

Robert Hudson
Stoney Creek Congregation, Hamilton Ontario, Canada
Author CLM Explorer
May 30, 2016 11:12AM
Thanks Robert,

Just to mention though, the student's Assistant history is not showing accuratly. I don't know if it's due to something I'm doing or not confused smiley
I'm making mistakes assigning the same pubs togather.

And some times the student's Hiperlink is not working. In any event, thought just to let you know.

Again many thanks

Gregory
St. Laurent Cong.
Montreal
May 30, 2016 01:51PM
Hi Greg. Try updating, the asst history might work better now.

As for the hyperlinks, if there are 2 students separated by a / it will parse the line and try and guess which name you're hovering over. So try and click as close to the center of the name as you can, avoid the / character

thanks

Robert Hudson
Stoney Creek Congregation, Hamilton Ontario, Canada
Author CLM Explorer
May 31, 2016 08:03PM
Thanks Robert

Gregory
St. Laurent Cong.
Montreal
July 12, 2016 11:33AM
Hi Robert

Sorrry to Bother you with this (You did mention it is very complex at this time)

I thought mentioning one thing,(NOT understanding what this involves ofcours grinning smiley) if ever you looked into it in the future, perhaps when the list of student names popup for the assignements, which at present is sorted out by the asending order of dates, it would also be helpful to have first, displayed students who had not given talks in the current class.

I think it helps alternat the students fairly between the two classes.

Thanks alot for the help you keep providing

Gregory
St. Laurent Cong.
Montreal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login