Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Small item on chairman's outline

Posted by barn112net 
Small item on chairman's outline
August 04, 2016 03:54PM
The order of Auxiliary class counselor and Bible reading seems backwards to me so I always manually edit the output document. If this makes sense to you, I would appreciate if it could be swapped. Here is how is looks now (with crude keyboard characters simulating the borders):

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Dismiss Second Class | John Publisher (Study# 4) | |
| Bible Reading: Ps 95:1–96:13 | Auxiliary Counselor: Edward Elder | 8:01 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I would like (the additional line between is not essential but would not really take any more space):

| Dismiss Second Class | Auxiliary Counselor: Edward Elder | |
|---------------------------------------------+----------------------------------------------------+----------|
| Bible Reading: Ps 95:1–96:13 | John Publisher (Study# 4) | 8:01 |
Re: Small item on chairman's outline
August 05, 2016 02:51PM
Hi Mark. Unfortunately that's too hard to change.

The Aux class counselor was an afterthought, put in by request.

The data structure works like this: Each Part has 1 or 2 Assignments associated with it.
Some parts have 1 assignment eg. Treasures Talk
Some parts have 2 assignments eg. CBS has conductor and reader

The Bible Reading actually now has 2 assignment placeholders; the student obviously, and also (optionally) the aux counselor.
That was the only easy way to add an aux counselor to the program - to make him a co-participant to the aux class. Bible Reading

Therefore, he will always appear on the same line together with the primary student.

The old TMSE program turned into a huge mess of spaghetti over the years because of all the mods since 2002. In 2009 there was a major refit to handle the new talks, drop the Speech Quality, add a review reader etc. All these changes resulted in code hacks that made the program unmanageable.

I don't want CLME to turn into another mess so I'm not willing to start tearing things apart just to put the aux counselor up one line.

I'm so sorry

Robert Hudson
Stoney Creek Congregation, Hamilton Ontario, Canada
Author CLM Explorer
August 06, 2016 04:50PM
Thank you for the explanation

Mark
August 10, 2016 04:17AM
Mmmm, spaghetti...! smileys with beer

(Sorry, a bit distracted...)smiling bouncing smiley

Simon W
Kawaha Rotorua NZ
August 10, 2016 05:16AM
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Robert Hudson
Stoney Creek Congregation, Hamilton Ontario, Canada
Author CLM Explorer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login