Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Last Talk Dates

Posted by AllanD 
Last Talk Dates
October 17, 2016 05:28AM
Robert, is it possible sometime in the future, instead of (or in addition to) the last talk date, having the last date for a "Treasures" talk or "Digging" talk. This will be particularly useful for congregations like ours where we have 18 appointed men and I could see the last time each brother gave that type of assignment.

Allan Dyson
Holmfirth Congregation
West Yorkshire UK
Re: Last Talk Dates
October 17, 2016 10:56AM
Hi Allan. There isn't much room for more columns.

There's already a column 'Recent Talks" which shows the recent order of which talk types were given

Does that not help?

Robert Hudson
Stoney Creek Congregation, Hamilton Ontario, Canada
Author CLM Explorer
October 19, 2016 09:01AM
Hi Robert,
Thank you for all you do, It's just that when you have a reasonably large body of brothers
as a lot of congregations will have, having the last date for a brother for that type of talk would be extremely helpfull.
Allan

Allan Dyson
Holmfirth Congregation
West Yorkshire UK
October 19, 2016 09:19AM
Is there any way you could mockup something in Paint to show what you mean? How the columns would look?

Thanks!

Robert Hudson
Stoney Creek Congregation, Hamilton Ontario, Canada
Author CLM Explorer
October 24, 2016 04:54AM
Hi Robert,
Not being a computer whizz, I hope this helps you to understand what I mean:

Name Last Talk date Recent Talks Last Treasures Talk Use for Warning Remarks

I think that this new column would be more helpful than the “remarks” column (which I haven’t used) if there isn’t enough room.
If it had the last talk date for each type of talk as they are being assigned i.e."Treasures", “Digging”, ”prepare presentations” “Living” etc
I understand each ‘box’ that comes up when assigning would have 1 column different depending on which talk is being assigned, so I don’t know if it would be feasible Robert.
Warm regards,
Allan

Allan Dyson
Holmfirth Congregation
West Yorkshire UK
November 04, 2016 09:54AM
Hi Robert,
I may have confused you with all my ramblings. The best way I can describe it is when I go to assign a prayer
the date comes up for the last time they were assigned a prayer, not the last assignment and this is extremely usefull.
I just wondered if the same could be done for "Treasures", "digging" etc.
Warm regards,
Allan

Allan Dyson
Holmfirth Congregation
West Yorkshire UK
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login